2014-04-02

Bizarro Ellen

It's no secret Ellen just loves the Obama's. Which is weird because Barack's stance on gay marriage wasn't and still really isn't pro-marriage. Originally he said he's for the traditional definition of marriage and was dragged kicking and screaming into taking action. He said all the right things - which is specialty - but did niente in actual action.

“I am a fierce supporter of domestic-partnership and civil-union laws. I am not a supporter of gay marriage as it has been thrown about, primarily just as a strategic issue. I think that marriage, in the minds of a lot of voters, has a religious connotation. I know that’s true in the African-American community, for example. And if you asked people, ‘should gay and lesbian people have the same rights to transfer property, and visit hospitals, and et cetera,’ they would say, ‘absolutely.’ And then if you talk about, ‘should they get married?’, then suddenly…” - Feb. 2, 2004, while an Illinois state Senator, in an interview with Chicago gay newspaper, the Windy City Times.

6. “I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.” - April 17, 2008, while running for president, defining marriage at the Saddleback Presidential Forum.
7. “I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that’s not what America’s about.” - Nov. 2, 2008, while running for president, in an interview with MTV.

8. “I’ve called on Congress to repeal the so-called Defense of Marriage Act to help end discrimination to help end discrimination against same-sex couples in this country. Now, I want to add we have a duty to uphold existing law, but I believe we must do so in a way that does not exacerbate old divides. And fulfilling this duty in upholding the law in no way lessens my commitment to reversing this law. I’ve made that clear.” - June 29, 2009, as president, at an LGBT Pride Month reception.
9. “I have been to this point unwilling to sign on to same-sex marriage primarily because of my understandings of the traditional definitions of marriage. But I also think you’re right that attitudes evolve, including mine.” - Oct. 27, 2010, as president, in an interview with a group of liberal bloggers.

The above quote is Obama's shtick. Call me. I've got a phone and pen. Then turns around and says 'no' because (insert excuse here). Especially on economic matters where he holds equally antiquated views.

11. “I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married.” - May 9, 2012, as president, in an interview with Robin Roberts of ABC News.
Hardly the first gay President material right there. Notice in all the quotes he's pandering to the crowd before him. He's not being 'courageous' or 'evolving.' He dicked around until he saw it was safe to take a position. Unfortunately, like marijuana, it's not the one he was hoping for.

Yet.

Ellen loves him. I dare say, aren't those comments reserved for 'conservative troglodytes'?

Bizarre.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.